The tomato variety with an interesting name was barely twenty years old, but the Wild Rose tomatoes are already well known in all regions of the country, and gardeners from nearby neighboring countries also fell in love with them. They brought out and registered Tomato Wild Rose in Russia, it was presented as a fruitful and unpretentious variety with large pink fruits. Opinions and reviews of those gardeners who have already planted this variety on their plots are ambiguous, but this tomato definitely requires attention.
On the yield of tomato wild rose, its characteristics and characteristics of cultivation will be this article. Here you can find photos of the fruit and reviews of gardeners about this ambiguous variety.
Characteristics and description of the variety
The rose is considered an early ripe, indeterminate tomato with a fairly high degree of yield. The characteristic of this variety indicates that the tomato should grow well in all regions, to survive the drought, heat and cold. Practice shows that Wild Rose feels best in the southern regions or in unheated greenhouses in the north and middle zone.
Detailed description of large-fruited tomato varieties:
- indeterminate plant type with unlimited growth point;
- height of bushes varies from 170 to 250 cm;
- the first fruit cluster is formed above the ninth leaf;
- early ripening time of fruit - 90 days from the appearance of the first shoots;
- bushes are very sprawling, strong-eared, need to be constantly staved;
- from four to nine tomatoes can be tied in each brush;
- the yield of the tomato variety Wild Rose is average - about 6-7 kg per square meter;
- tomatoes are large, round, slightly flattened, painted pink;
- the peel of tomatoes is thin, the flesh is fleshy and very juicy;
- Rosa's taste is excellent, sweet with a slight sourness;
- The average weight of each tomato is 300 grams; the largest fruits are found in the lower part of the bush.
Attention! The fruits of pink tomatoes are poorly stored, the tomatoes quickly become soft and let the juice. Large-sized tomatoes are also not suitable for whole-fruit canning, but it is beautiful fresh, in salads, hot dishes, sauces and juices.
Advantages and disadvantages
There are many advantages to the variety:
- good yield;
- unpretentiousness to the composition of the soil and climatic factors;
- resistance to fungal diseases and tobacco mosaic virus;
- the ability to endure intense heat;
- excellent taste and large beautiful fruits.
Of the problems and shortcomings of the gardeners note the following nuances:
- a tomato takes up a lot of space in the greenhouse, in the beds powerful and tall bushes also need to be planted with a decent interval;
- yield varieties are not as high as many would like;
- the quantity and quality of tomatoes depends on the region and the method of cultivation;
- tall stems need tying and regular pinching of lateral shoots.
All the shortcomings of the variety are rather relative, because the Wild Rose is without a doubt one of the most delicious pink tomatoes.Important! A great advantage of the variety is the ability of this tomato to grow on highly saline soils. The yield of roses from this does not decrease.
How to grow a tomato Wild Rose
The variety of tomatoes Wild Rose cannot be called very capricious - in principle, the agrotechnical methods for this tomato are the same as for the other large-fruited varieties with an unlimited growing point.
Tomato seedlings can be planted in open ground or in the greenhouse. But it is better to avoid heated greenhouses, in their conditions the Rose often gets sick and wasting away. Whatever is indicated in the description of the variety, in practice, this tomato bears fruit well only in the southern regions of the country, in other areas it can also be cultivated, but only under a film or polycarbonate shelter.
Like all tomatoes, Rosa is grown in Russia only in seedlings. Independently grow seedlings of this tomato is a snap. For a start, you need to prepare the soil: suitable sod or garden soil in combination with humus.
The soil is pre-disinfected. To do this, a few days before sowing seeds, it is possible to ignite the soil in the oven or freeze it outside (if there is a minus temperature). Immediately before sowing, the earth is shed by copper sulphate or a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
For seeds, you need to make shallow grooves (about a centimeter deep). Tomato seeds are laid out in a certain order and lightly sprinkled with a layer of dry peat. Now you need to sprinkle the soil a little with water and cover the container with Wild Rose with a film.
After 5-6 days, when the first green appears, remove the film and place the seedlings in a brighter place. Then you should wait for the first pair of true leaves to appear. In this phase of development, tomatoes dive - transplanted into individual containers.
Immediately before the dive, it is necessary to water the tomatoes well with warm water so that in the process of transplantation the thin roots and stems are not damaged. A few days after the picking, tomatoes are fertilized with a mineral complex for tomato seedlings dissolved in warm water.Tip! Before disembarking to a permanent place, it is recommended to feed the Wild Rose again with mineral compounds.
If the plot has a greenhouse of film or polycarbonate, tomatoes are planted in the middle of May. In the open ground, you can plant wild rose seedlings even after 10-14 days, when the soil warms up well and the threat of spring frosts is over.
The holes should be made in a row or staggered, the planting pattern of 50x60 cm is observed. The more space will be reserved for each bush, the better - Wild Rose tomatoes need a lot of trace elements, good ventilation and sufficient "attention" of the sun.
The soil for tomatoes needs loose, nourishing, well breathable and retaining moisture. If the soil on the site differs from these requirements, its composition should be improved with ash, peat, humus, lime and other components.
Before planting seedlings in the hole, you can add a handful of wood ash or complex mineral fertilizers. Immediately after disembarking, the tomatoes are tied up on a trellis or strong wooden pegs are used as a support.Attention! The first week after planting, seedlings are not watered - tomatoes need time to adapt to a new place. During this period, the roots of plants do not absorb water, so they can easily rot from excess moisture in the ground.
In cold regions, for the first two weeks, Rossa seedlings are held under the film or nonwoven fabric is used as a cover. Shelter removed gradually, following the forecasts of weather forecasters.
Despite the Brazilian name, the variety has a fairly calm "character." Of course, like all indeterminate tomatoes, Rosa needs more attention from the gardener, but the result is worth it.
In general, the care of bushes of pink tomatoes consists of only a few stages:
- The most important thing is not to thicken the bushes of tomatoes. Therefore, the distance between the plants should be sufficient. Gardener must constantly monitor the foliage of bushes. It is recommended that the lower leaves be torn off so that the tomatoes do not hurt and are better ventilated. If the rose is grown in a greenhouse, you need to air it regularly, opening doors and windows.
- It is best to grow a rose in one or two stalks, all the rest must be pinned, otherwise the yield of tomato will noticeably decrease, and this will affect the size of the fruit.
- Every two weeks, tomatoes should be fed with complete complex fertilizers or slurry diluted in water with bird droppings.
- It is not necessary to water the Rose too often, but as soon as the top layer of the soil dries out, it is necessary to moisten the soil. In general, watering for this variety of tomatoes should be moderate.
- Pests and diseases rarely affect the Wild Rose, but still, tomatoes can get sick. To protect his tomatoes, a gardener must annually change the top layer of soil in the greenhouse, dig up garden beds on the eve of winter, use preventive means and preparations.
- Mulch will protect the earth from drying out and cracking, it will also save it from slugs that will cause severe harm to tomatoes. Therefore, it is better to mulch the beds with tomato straw, mowed grass or sawdust.
The harvest of the Wild Rose usually has time to ripen in all areas, because this variety is considered early. In order to protect the fruits from late blight or frost, it is acceptable to pick tomatoes as immature, in the so-called technical maturity stage.
Important! Wild Rose Tomatoes ripen perfectly at room temperature. In a few days, the white-green spotted fruit will turn pink and pour juice.
Victor Petrovich, Perm. Before I start Rosa, I myself read many reviews about this variety: I had an ambiguous opinion. Some gardeners note the high yield of tomatoes and the excellent taste of fruits, others complain about the low taste and a limited number of tomatoes on the bushes. I decided that it was a matter of seed quality and the type of climate in which this variety was grown. In the Moscow region, where we live, Wild Rose feels great: the tomatoes did not hurt, rose to two meters in height, were simply covered with large fruits. Of course, I fertilize the land well in my plot, use prophylactic agents against phytophthora and pests. In general, our family was satisfied with the harvest: with a dozen bushes we managed to collect about 15 kg of large and very tasty tomatoes!
The photo of the Wild Rose tomatoes prompts to take and plant them in your garden: the fruits are beautiful, smooth, of a uniform pink color, with sugary pulp and small seeds.
In the cultivation of this variety there are no special difficulties, agricultural technology is the same as that of most other tomatoes. If you believe the reviews, you still should not start these tomatoes in the beds of the north and the central part of the country, for the Rose, the south or the comfortable conditions of the greenhouse are more suitable.